At the Women’s Clinic of South Texas we have focused our efforts to develop services that will address the many needs and concerns of today’s woman. The Incontinence Center of South Texas and the Menopause Institute of South Texas were brought together to address the issues of the mature woman. Since then, other programs and services added to our practice such as the pelvic pain program, abnormal bleeding program, sexual dysfunction, and interstitial cystitis program,have made us the most well-rounded and comprehensive women’s health provider in the Valley.
At the Women’s Clinic of South Texas we offer an all-in-one approach, where we can evaluate most patients in our comfortable setting of a friendly and well-equipped clinic. Whether the patient is a young woman who needs family planning or a menopausal woman with complaints of incontinence and menopause, we will address the issues with a full evaluation in a convenient single visit.
Our approach has always been simple and practical:
- address all gynecological and obstetrical problems
- single visit approach: address and evaluate as many issues as possible in one visit
- always offer the latest, most practical, and most efficacious treatments to our patients
- lead our medical community with the latest advances in women’s health.
At the Women’s Clinic of South Texas, we make it easy for you to obtain board-certified, trusted care, for a lifetime of good health.
Here is a list of the many gynecological services available:
- Well-woman/annual examinations
- Abnormal bleeding and bleeding irregularities
- Fibroids, treatment and removal (myomectomy)
- Pelvic pain: endometriosis, interstitial cystitis
- Infertility: evaluation and treatment
- Urinary incontinence/Fecal incontinenceBiofeedback Center
- Interstitial cystitis: evaluation and treatment
- Abnormal Pap smears: colposcopy, cryosurgery, LEEP
- Family Planning/Contraception
- Intrauterine Device (IUD) evaluation
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases: screening, evaluation and treatment
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Ablation of the uterus
- Hysterectomy, total and subtotal
- Alternatives to hysterectomy
- Second opinion consultation
- Laparoscopic Surgery: advanced, including subtotal
and total hysterectomy
- Robotics Surgery: DaVinci S
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Breast pain and lumps: disorders of the breast
Her Option ablation: in-office procedure, performed to treat abnormal bleeding. We are the first and only practice in the Valley to offer this service.
Hysteroscopy: in-office procedure, performed to visualize the uterus in the evaluation of abnormal bleeding and/or pelvic pain. We were the first gynecological practice in the Valley to offer this in-office service.
Essure Sterilization: An in-office no-scar method of irreversible sterilization. Performed over 15-30 minutes as a simple ambulatory procedure.
Cystoscopy: in-office procedure, performed to visualize the bladder and urethra for the evaluation of incontinence, pelvic pain, and other disorders. We are the first and only gynecological practice in the Valley to offer this in-office service.
Interstim/Medtronics: A 15 minute in-office procedure to determine if electrical stimulation may treat urinary frequency and/or urgency. This is followed by the placement of a permanent stimulator for bladder continence.
Cystometrogram/Urodynamics: in-office procedure, performed to evaluate incontinence and disorders of the bladder.
Urgent PC: A simple treatment done in the office lasting 30 minutes per week to treat the bladder for urinary frequency and urgency.
Colposcopy: in-office procedure, performed to evaluate the cervix, vagina, and vulva for abnormal Pap smears and skin disorders.
Pessary Placement: Practical options for patients that need a temporary solution. Ideal for patients that are not good surgical candidates. Full spectrum of options and models to fit every woman’s need.
Cryosurgery: in-office procedure, performed to treat abnormal Pap smears with a freezing technique.
Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation/Electrical Stimulation Treatment (biofeedback): In-office procedure, performed to treat urinary incontinence and other conditions such as urinary retention, pelvic pain, and fecal incontinence, amongst others.
LEEP Procedure: in-office procedure, performed to treat for abnormal Pap smears.
Ultrasound: Conventional and 4D, performed to evaluate disorders of abnormal bleeding, pelvic pain, pregnancy, etc.
Bone Densitometry: for osteoporosis screening and treatment.
Laboratory: in-house lab for your convenience.